Our district is participating in a School Climate Transformation Survey through the School Climate Transformation Grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education. The survey will allow schools to measure conditions for learning to improve the school’s environment.
The results will be used to develop and implement data driven targeted interventions that will:
- Address suspensions and expulsions related to substance use and violence
- Reduce the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Improve academic achievement
- Increase student safety
- Increase graduation rates
- Reduce dropout rates
- Reduce at risk social behaviors
- Provide a continuum of mental health services to serve youth and families
- Provide services to enhance pro-social skills for youth and families
I believe the survey is a worthwhile undertaking that will help create better, more effective prevention and intervention activities to help make our school a safer place for students to learn. I hope you agree to allow your child to participate in this effort. If you agree, you need to do nothing further.
However, if for any reason you do not wish for your child to participate, please complete and return the denial of permission slip to your school by February 2nd and your child will be excused from participation.